By Cyril on April 2, 2020
First, I’d like to say it’s a pleasure to have you here.
I decided to create that blog because I love my job, I learn from other people achievements reading on the web, I like to write and I feel it’s important to me to share as well. Going further, it’s also because I want to organize my thinking about the subjects I will introduce here, as put in The Pyramid Principle (which I didn’t read yet but know enough to quote it):
Formally separating the thinking process from the writing process, so that you can complete your thinking before you begin to write.
This is not my first attempt at writing. I already published articles on Medium and the awesome Interrupt blog as a guest writer. Here are some of them:
- Writing a Digital Signal Processing library in Rust. I learned Rust to test for that specific use case. So far, promises have been met. I want to publish more about that subject soon.
- Continuous Delivery for Firmware projects. Initially done on BitBucket but we since moved to GitLab and the same applies 😉.
- Easily monitor Firmware bugs in production. I never thought the product had that many issues because customers weren’t complaining… those bugs aren’t noticed, but they exist. 🐛 I also improved the dashboard on DataStudio: each crash displays a link to Gitlab.
- Getting to know the linker map file. I wanted to write that article because one of my clients was having trouble debugging an issue. The guys behind the project are engineers but they didn’t know they could find the answer (quite easily) right in the map file.
- My beginnings, when I was both a student and Firmware Engineer for a company. I remember struggling with a huge pile of work.
- My first product, being shipped. A big achievement, I was so proud. 😄
I’ve chosen to start that freelancing adventure to always learn more about how technologies work. I want my schedule to be divided with customer projects (most of my time) and my own projects, with blogging as an activity.
Finally, freelancing is for me a way to handle customers, projects, paperwork, etc. The final goal is to launch a company in the next few years. I am particularly interested in building products for agriculture but any hardware-related project is good to hear. I also have a strong interest in distributed technologies (DLT, DeFi).
If you want to be informed about the new articles, follow me on social platforms like Twitter, or LinkedIn.
See you soon!